TST is a world-class provider of heat resistant and corrosion resistant coatings for turbine blades and vanes, used in large civil aircraft. The Company is a Joint venture between Rolls- Royce and Chromalloy (UK) Ltd, working exclusively on components for Rolls-Royce engines. Current headcount is around 500 staff, working 24/7 shifts. This position is office hours Monday to Friday. The Company ethos is one of continuous improvement, not just in the application of coatings, but also in the engagement and training of its staff, and in the performance of daily activities.
As Assistant Accountant working in a small friendly team, the role centres around Stock, Costing and Fixed Assets, and involvement in the management and statutory accounts process. There is further scope to the position which includes both essential internal and external stakeholder management with non-financial departments/colleagues, and outside the organisation such as auditors etc. and over time, it would be possible to be exposed to and involved in all aspects of the Company’s finances, making this an excellent opportunity for learning and personal development. This role would suit a part-qualified accountant intending to continue their studies, for which full support would be given.
- Maintain and develop the Fixed Asset Register
- Reconcile Fixed Asset Register to the nominal ledger
- Prepare monthly and annual depreciation journals
- Ensure adherence to the Company’s Fixed Asset Capitalisation and depreciation policy.
- Fixed Asset Verification audits.
- Implement Asset tagging
- Assist with PI counts
- Monthly stock reconciliations
- Calculate stock provisions monthly, ensuring adherence to policy, and update the management accounts
- Liaise with other parts of the business to ensure the validity of the WIP records
- Maintain Platinum waste records
- Ensure that platinum waste is correctly segregated, stored and reclaimed
- Maintain the Standard Costing System, including an annual re-costing exercise
- New ERP parts and coating schemes are produced every week. Ensure the associated Bills of Manufacture (BoMs) are correct for costing purposes and update ERP with the new costs.
- Calculate cost recovery rates
- Attend the weekly QSB (Quality and Sourcing Board) meeting
- Maintain all record keeping for customer quote requests (RFQs)
- Prepare costings for RFQs
- Send quotes to Customer
- Involvement in the BoM review Board. This aims to improve the governance of change and improve the quality and consistency of the costing system.
- Analyse and understand the accounting entries generated by the costing system.
- Use this understanding to improve the BoMs. This will require working with Engineering, IT, and other areas.
- Contract Review new Customer Orders, ensuring adherence to our quotes.
- Prepare and post journals arising from the activities above.
- Provide absence cover for the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Involvement with monthly accounts review
- Provide information to auditors
- Involvement in the annual audit
- Liaising with colleagues to promote team working and to ensure a smooth flow of work.
- Understanding and working to TST guidelines and observing all policies & procedures
- Working well as a team and building effective working relationships at all levels whilst also required to have the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Promote and represent the Company when required, setting a good personal example at all times.
- Be aware of, and adhere to Company policies and procedures, including but not limited to the Health & Safety and Environmental & Quality policies & procedures, Code of Conduct / Employee Handbook.
- Any other reasonable duties that may be required by the Company.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Good organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships at all levels
- Good communication skills
- Be able to work as part of a team and on their own initiative
- Demonstrate proficiency in Excel to VLookup and pivot table standard
- Microsoft Word
- TST uses Infor Syteline as it’s ERP system. Full training will be given in this software.
- PowerBI experience preferred but training can be given
- The right candidate will be looking for a career in Accountancy and support will be given for AAT or CIMA studies.
Salary and Benefits
TST can offer a Competitive Salary based on experience and skills.
You will also be part of the TST culture which offers:
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Private health care scheme
- Company Pension scheme
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Enhanced Holiday entitlement related to length of service
- Free parking with electric vehicle charging points
All in pleasant natural surroundings.
Diversity and Inclusion
Turbine Surface Technologies (TST) recognises that by building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
We believe employee diversity is an asset to our business. People of different age groups, from different backgrounds, genders and cultures, with a range of experiences and capabilities, help us understand and serve our customers and reach our business objectives.
We recognise the need for our employees to possess the levels of skill and knowledge appropriate to the roles they perform in delivering the quality of service our clients expect. This approach and mutual respect creates a culture of co-operation and achievement that underpins the high quality of the services we offer.