Established in 2000, Turbine Surface Technologies is a joint venture between Rolls- Royce and Chromalloy, providing specialist coatings solutions to state-of-the-art turbine components. At TST we recognise that people are at the heart of what we do and are an integral part of achieving our business goals. Our core values are key to our culture; Operate safely, operate openly with customer focus and operate with respect and integrity.
TST are looking for an experienced professional to join our talented Procurement team for our fast-growing business as we expand into a second site. Our procurement team play a vital role in supporting operations to ensure daily requirement are met whilst driving long term sustainability. As part of this role the successful candidate will collaborate on creating multiyear commercial strategies; forging new relationships with suppliers and negotiating short to long term contracts all whilst driving a lean cost approach. They will have the ability to manage complex projects with a strategic mind set whilst ensuring responsibility for sourcing and purchasing products required across the breadth of the business.
This is a hybrid role focusing on buyer responsibilities, whilst supporting the commercial contracts for both customer and supplier relationships as required. It will involve managing end to end procurement cycle for a portfolio of suppliers, drive customers status calls and negotiate cost effective terms to achieve business goals. It will balance both operational and strategic demands of the business, maintaining involvement in the day to day operational requirement of the procurement team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and supply chain to identify cost reduction and increased efficiency opportunities in line with company and purchasing strategy
- Run material planning program in ERP system and identify purchase orders required to be issued to suppliers, monitoring stock levels for review
- Attend regular production and technical review meetings to provide commercial input and provide assistance as required
- Work with Procurement Management to ensure departmental compliance with internal quality procedures, as well as customer and industry procedural requirements
- Work closely with NPI and Projects teams to ensure that a Purchasing perspective is built into supplier selection ensuring requirements are meet and ability to meet timeframe required.
- Actively contribute to monthly Purchasing Board meetings, presenting KPI updates and discussing Purchasing performance with company Senior Management Team
- Negotiate prices and contract terms for stock items
- Responding to customer RFQs, providing input into the costing process.
- Negotiation to achieve an agreement on batch quantities/ economic order quantities required for effective processing.
- Manage internal customer escalation and complaints taking ownership to ensure stakeholder management and effective resolution is reached.
- Researching, sourcing, selecting, and purchasing quality products and materials
- Building relationships with suppliers and negotiating with them for the best price, quantities, and delivery timescales
- Manage customer commercial work
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Relevant qualification (bachelors degree, CIPS professional qualification) or relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience in procurement or purchasing
- Understanding on incoterms and their practical application
- Excellent communication skills, able to confidently communicate with all levels across the business and with external suppliers
- Experience effectively negotiating with both suppliers and customers
- Stakeholder management, able to build effective working relationships at all levels of the business
- Proven experience managing complex problems and proactively resolve issues with creative solutions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Experience applying lean practices in a procurement environment
- Experience working in a manufacturing or engineering environment
- Proven record of implementing cost saving and efficiency impro
- Previous experience negotiating multiyear contracts with suppliers
- Experience developing and implementing commodity strategies
- Experience using Infor Syteline or other ERP/MRPII systems
- Experience using Power BI
Salary & Benefits:
Salary: Competitive £35,000- £45,000 – dependent on experience
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week, 8:00am – 16:15pm (Hybrid: 1 day a week remote working)
You will also be part of the TST culture which offers:
- Private health care scheme:
- Mental health support- including free counselling sessions.
- Dental; reimbursement of dental work from an annual allowance, option to pay to upgrade cover.
- Free eye tests and reimbursement on glasses from annual allowance.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Enhanced Holiday entitlement related to length of service.
- Free on- site parking with electric vehicle charging points.
- Refer a friend reward scheme.
- Day off work for your birthday.
- Performance related bonus scheme.
- Paid Professional Membership.
- Opportunities for development and growth.
- Life Assurance after 2 years of service.
- TST Hub exclusive offer and benefits for all employees.
Diversity and Inclusion
Turbine Surface Technologies (TST) recognises that by building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential. We believe employee diversity is an asset to our business. People of different age groups, backgrounds, genders and cultures, with a range of experiences and capabilities, help us understand and serve our customers and reach our business objectives.
Please note all candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, TST are currently unable to provide Visa sponsorship.