Established in 2000, Turbine Surface Technologies is a joint venture between Rolls- Royce and Chromalloy, providing specialist coatings solutions to state-of-the-art turbine components. At TST we recognise that people are at the heart of what we do and are an integral part of achieving our business goals. Our core values are key to our culture; Operate safely, operate openly with customer focus and operate with respect and integrity.
TST are looking to recruit an experienced account lead who wants the chance to build a great relationship with a new client. You will have a natural customer service focus, with a pro-active attitude. We are going through some very exciting growth with new business to the company which you will be responsible for developing a strong, meaningful relationships, with the purpose of better understanding our customers business needs.
You will have overall responsibility for delivering the customer expectations and identifying opportunities to improve, ensuring the customer is given the best possible service for their needs, meeting all cost and quality requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing forecasts into and out of TST and managing gap closures to variances, whether inbound or outbound.
- Responsible for managing adherence to delivery requirements, including lead time, packaging, customs clearances, slow moving WIP resolution etc.
- Responsible for co-ordinating quality issues on the account/s whether associated to current Work In Progress or previous deliveries.
- Responsible for managing adherence to external customer quality standards as committed commercially by TST.
- Responsible for account cost control and profit management.
- Some business travel, including internationally, will be required.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Understands customer relationship management.
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong understanding of Aerospace industry and Quality requirements would be an advantage.
- Understands basics of visual management including typical manufacturing KPIs
- Developing improvement plans and delivering these to meet account KPIs.
- Basic understanding of data analysis
- Willing to learn and always striving to improve.
- Language skills (e.g. French, Spanish) would be an advantage
Behaviours and Personal Attributes:
- Behaving in a way that is in line with company values.
- Doing what you say you will do and dealing with colleagues in an open and honest way (admitting mistakes, treating people fairly and presenting information accurately). Sharing your opinion and highlighting any issues regarding HSE and quality. Escalating any concerns that you may have.
- Communicates clearly and concisely in a professional way.
- Listening to fully understand and appreciate other people’s perspectives. Adapting your approach to suit different people or situations whilst being respectful to different cultures or backgrounds.
- Support others with knowledge, information, or support to deliver the business result.
- Building good working relationships so can effectively deliver assigned work. Recognising your influence on others and assuming positive intentions of others. Celebrating the achievements of others. Being flexible when working with those with different behavioural styles.
- Identifying areas for self-improvement, applying learning to new situations, and taking an active part in the performance and development processes. Learning from both successes and failures and actively seeking and acting on feedback from colleagues.
- Deliver job role to required customer (internal or external) expectations and identifying opportunities to improve – e.g. removing cost/waste.
- Makes good day to day decisions in line with business priorities. Be able to understand high level business goals. Recognise the issues you can influence and those that you cannot.
- Prioritising and managing your own workload effectively. Considering how plans may impact others. Breaking down your assigned tasks into a manageable action plan. Working effectively when faced with the need to adapt plans.
- Taking ownership of assigned work to timely completion. Understanding and complying with relevant policies and procedures, identifying any improvement opportunities.
- Seeks the relevant information to help fully understand a problem.
- Looks beyond the symptoms or issue to identify the causes of a problem and identifying options and innovative solutions to fix.
- Recognising when a problem needs to be escalated or help sought.
- Identifying areas for self-improvement, applying learning to new situations and taking an active part in the performance and development processes.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary: Competitive £30,000- £50,000 dependent on experience
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week, 8:00am – 16:15pm
You will also be part of the TST culture which offers:
- Private health care scheme:
- Mental health support- including free counselling sessions.
- Dental; reimbursement of dental work from an annual allowance, option to pay to upgrade cover.
- Free eye tests and reimbursement on glasses from annual allowance.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Enhanced Holiday entitlement related to length of service.
- Free on- site parking with electric vehicle charging points.
- Refer a friend reward scheme.
- Day off work for your birthday.
- Performance related bonus scheme.
- Paid Professional Membership.
- Opportunity for development and growth.
- Life Assurance after 2 years of service.
- TST Hub exclusive offer and benefits for all employees
Diversity and Inclusion
Turbine Surface Technologies (TST) recognises that by building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential. We believe employee diversity is an asset to our business. People of different age groups, backgrounds, genders and cultures, with a range of experiences and capabilities, help us understand and serve our customers and reach our business objectives.
Please note all candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, TST are currently unable to provide Visa