TST is a world-class provider of heat resistant and corrosion resistant coatings for turbine blades and vanes, used in large civil aircraft. The Company is a Joint venture between Rolls- Royce and Chromalloy (UK) Ltd, working exclusively on components for Rolls-Royce engines.
Current headcount is around 500 staff, working 24/7 shifts. This position is office hours Monday to Friday. The Company ethos is one of continuous improvement, not just in the application of coatings, but also in the engagement and training of its staff, and in the performance of daily activities.
Leading a small team, manage and provide a full finance function for the business. Including but not limited to: Fixed Asset Register, Stock accounting, payroll, credit control, purchase ledger, budgets and management accounts, cash and forex. Along with any ad hoc projects and tasks which may arise. Develop staff by annual objective setting, regular appraisals and agreed training plans.
- Lead the development of the fixed asset register.
- Lead asset verification activities
Stock and Costing
- The standard costing system is relatively immature. Work with an Assistant Accountant and Engineering on the development and accuracy of Bills of Manufacture (BoMs) and costings.
- Participate in BoM governance activities
- Ensure the costing system develops as appropriate as the business changes
- Ensure the accuracy of monthly stock reporting and provisioning
- Manage the platinum waste cycle, ensuring stock security, maximising returns and managing timing as required by the business
- Prepare and review journals
- Lead the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Review and challenge the accounts.
- Ensure all balance sheet areas are reconciled
- Perform monthly compliance checks
- Develop the reporting systems as the business changes
Budgets and Forecasts
- Lead the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting process
- Cash forecasts
- Lead the annual audit.
- Review and develop accounting policies to ensure they remain appropriate for the business
- Create currency options and ensure that they remain “effective” to permit hedge accounting. Forecast and manage currency balances.
- Involvement in on-going Business Process Development (BPD) activities
- Evaluate cost claims made in BPD plans
- On-line banking Administrator
- Liaising with colleagues to promote team working and to ensure a smooth flow of work.
- Understanding and working to TST guidelines and observing all policies & procedures
- Working well as a team and building effective working relationships at all levels whilst also required to have the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Promote and represent the Company when required, setting a good personal example at all times.
- Assisting the head of finance with the board pack preparation
- Be aware of, and adhere to Company policies and procedures, including but not limited to the Health & Safety and Environmental & Quality policies & procedures, Code of Conduct / Employee Handbook.
- Leading the finance board preparation and presentation to the first line team and to the management community.
- Point of contact for company insurance and risk management.
- Continuous improvement of financial processes
- ONS Surveys
- Any other reasonable duties that may be required by the company.
Skills and Knowledge:
Qualified ACCA, CIMA or ACA with post qualified experience.
- Part qualified and qualified by experience will also be considered with relevant experience and technical skills.
- Experience in leading and managing a team
- Good Organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships at all levels
- Good communication skills
- Be able to work as part of a team and on their own initiative
- Demonstrate proficiency in Excel to VLookup and pivot table standard
- Microsoft Word
- TST uses Infor Syteline as it’s ERP system. Full training will be given in this software.
- PowerBI experience preferred but training can be given
Salary and Benefits
TST can offer a Competitive Salary based on experience and skills.
You will also be part of the TST culture which offers:
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Private health care scheme
- Company Pension scheme
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Enhanced Holiday entitlement related to length of service
- Free parking with electric vehicle charging points
All in pleasant natural surroundings.
Diversity and Inclusion
Turbine Surface Technologies (TST) recognises that by building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
We believe employee diversity is an asset to our business. People of different age groups, from different backgrounds, genders and cultures, with a range of experiences and capabilities, help us understand and serve our customers and reach our business objectives.
We recognise the need for our employees to possess the levels of skill and knowledge appropriate to the roles they perform in delivering the quality of service our clients expect. This approach and mutual respect creates a culture of co-operation and achievement that underpins the high quality of the services we offer.