Established in 2000, Turbine Surface Technologies is a joint venture between Rolls- Royce and Chromalloy, providing specialist coatings solutions to state-of-the-art gas turbine components. Situated on Sherwood Business Park in Annesley, Nottingham.
At TST we recognise that people are at the heart of what we do and are an integral part of achieving our business goals. Our core values are key to our culture; Operate safely, operate openly with customer focus and operate with respect and integrity. We are looking for talented and driven graduate Engineers to join our expanding business and launch a successful career in engineering.
What are the Process Engineering team responsible for?
We are offering an exciting opportunity to join our dedicated Process Engineering Team. You will be involved in both reactive problem solving and long term strategic project work. You will have ownership of a production process, detecting trends or non-conformity, investigating root cause and implementing corrective action.
What would your role as a Process Engineer involve?
- Be a part of innovative new engine and demonstration programs.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous process improvement to benefit capability, cost and reduce environmental impact. Support TST’s drive for zero carbon by 2030.
- Use your developed process knowledge and strategic thinking to assess any possible deviation in the production process.
- Manage risk of manufacturing processes through use of Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (PFMEAs). Use the risk ranking to prioritise improvement activities.
- Monitor quality metrics at process level and present data at internal or customer reviews. Use the data to implement improvement plans.
- Investigate process deviations / non-conformance through use of appropriate problem-solving techniques, and action containment and corrective action in order to protect the customer.
- Provide specialist process-related input to tooling design, and to help define and improve tooling design rules.
- Create and / or approve technical work instructions in compliance with TSTL and customer requirements.
- Support the purchasing and validating of new manufacturing equipment.
What Skills and knowledge do you need?
- You will hold, or be expecting to graduate this year with a degree in a relevant field or national equivalent in relevant field. This includes, and is not limited to: Aerospace engineering, Mechanical engineering, Chemical engineering, Materials Science.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite (including Excel and PowerPoint).
- The ability to present technical findings through producing high quality technical reports and delivering professional presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-motivated, a strong team player able to collaborate across functions.
- Ability to manage and solve complex problems.
- Capable to work on multiple projects, managing project plans & time scales to ensure delivery.
- Experience using relevant engineering software (Minitab, CAD, Power BI, databases).
- Knowledge of engineering problem solving tools (Lean, Six Sigma).
How will we support you?
As a graduate engineer you will undertake our training program, completing a rotation through each department developing a basic understanding of each process. You will attend relevant training courses to prepare you for your role such as mini tab or a relevant coatings introduction course.
Salary and Benefits:
Office hours Monday to Friday. Basic starting salary will be £29,000.
You will also be part of the TST culture which offers the following benefits:
- Private health care scheme:
- Mental health support- including free counselling sessions.
- Dental; reimbursement of dental work from an annual allowance, option to pay to upgrade cover.
- Free eye tests and reimbursement on glasses from annual allowance.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Enhanced Holiday entitlement related to length of service.
- Free on- site parking with electric vehicle charging points.
- Opportunity to be a part of production related bonus scheme.
- Refer a friend reward scheme.
- Day off work for your birthday.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Turbine Surface Technologies (TST) recognises that by building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential. We believe employee diversity is an asset to our business. People of different age groups, backgrounds, genders and cultures, with a range of experiences and capabilities, help us understand and serve our customers and reach our business objectives.
Please note all candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, TST are currently unable to provide Visa sponsorship.