Established in 2000, Turbine Surface Technologies is a joint venture between Rolls- Royce and Chromalloy, providing specialist coatings solutions to state-of-the-art turbine components. At TST we recognise that people are at the heart of what we do and are an integral part of achieving our business goals. Our core values are key to our culture; operate safely, operate openly with customer focus and operate with respect and integrity.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join TST as a Maintenance Technician. As a Maintenance Technician at TST you will be part of a large diverse well-established team working with advanced machinery. The maintenance team proudly provide maintenance support to the whole facility. You will play an essential role using your technical expertise to assist with the implementation of improving plant and equipment assets. All whilst working in a high performing environment to maintain our strong delivery and drive for zero down time.
- Designing maintenance strategies, procedures, and methods.
- Conducting routine scheduled maintenance work and responding to equipment faults.
- Diagnosing breakdown problems.
- Fitting new parts and making sure equipment is working correctly.
- Conducting quality inspections
- Consulting with various operation departments, customers and other engineering and production colleagues.
- Arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings, or components.
- Controlling maintenance tools, stores, and equipment.
- Monitoring and controlling maintenance costs.
- Dealing with emergencies, unplanned problems, and repairs.
- Improving health and safety policies and procedures.
- Working with specialist equipment, such as programmable logic controllers (PLC), which control machinery running programs for process.
- Writing maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines.
- Ensuring there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns.
- Maintain site equipment to Original Equipment Manufactured (OEM) standard and in line with current UK legislation.
- Maintain TST facilities and infrastructure.
- Interpret logged PPM data and react accordingly.
- Work as a team with other maintenance staff and production personnel.
- Train colleagues as and when required.
- Understand and conform to all Health & Safety requirements within TST.
- Understand and work to TST guidelines and observe all TST policies.
- Recognised apprenticeship within Electrical/Mechanical maintenance
- Qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 3 in mechanical/electrical engineering (Or equivalent City & Guilds/BTEC)
- Process Control Engineering with proven analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Responsible for maintaining & developing the plants distributed control system.
- Good working knowledge of DCS/PLC systems, (ABB, Siemens, Allen Bradley).
Behaviours and Personal Attributes:
- Be self-motivated to react to any maintenance issues as well as fulfilling the planned maintenance requirements.
- Be able to develop self to be an effective team member and develop specialist skills.
- Demonstrate ability to plan work coupled with the drive and tenacity to see it through to completion.
- Attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships at all levels within organisation.
- Good communication skills
- General understanding of mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Be able to interpret technical drawings.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary: £43,020k – £45,795k (inclusive of 33.3% shift premium) Dependant on Experience
Hours of work: Continental Shift Pattern: working 3 days on and 3 days off – 12 Hour Days from 6.00am to 6.00pm and 12 Hour Nights from 6.00 pm to 6.00am.
You will also be part of the TST culture which offers:
- Private health care scheme:
- Mental health support- including free counselling sessions.
- Dental; reimbursement of dental work from an annual allowance, option to pay to upgrade cover.
- Free eye tests and reimbursement on glasses from annual allowance.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Enhanced Holiday entitlement related to length of service.
- Free on- site parking with electric vehicle charging points.
- Refer a friend reward scheme.
- Day off work for your birthday.
- Performance related bonus scheme.
- Paid Professional Membership.
- Opportunity for development and growth.
- Life Assurance after 2 years of service.
- TST Hub exclusive offer and benefits for all employees.
Diversity and Inclusion
Turbine Surface Technologies (TST) recognises that by building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
We believe employee diversity is an asset to our business. People of different age groups, from different backgrounds, genders and cultures, with a range of experiences and capabilities, help us understand and serve our customers and reach our business objectives.
We recognise the need for our employees to possess the levels of skill and knowledge appropriate to the roles they perform in delivering the quality of service our clients expect. This approach and mutual respect creates a culture of co-operation and achievement that underpins the high quality of the services we offer.
Please note all candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, TST are currently unable to provide Visa sponsorship.