Established in 2000, Turbine Surface Technologies is a joint venture between Rolls- Royce and Chromalloy, providing specialist coatings solutions to state-of-the-art turbine components. At TST we recognise that people are at the heart of what we do and are an integral part of achieving our business goals. Our core values are key to our culture; operate safely, operate openly with customer focus and operate with respect and integrity.
Manufacturing Engineer – The Role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join TST as a Manufacturing Engineer, supporting our expanding business and driving manufacturing excellence with a zero-defect culture. Working as part of our high performing Manufacturing Engineering team you will be working at the cutting edge of high technology manufacturing. You will be involved in developing new manufacturing methods to improve part yields and reduce costs whilst maintaining our exceptional delivery and quality performance.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Manufacturing engineers within the plant team provide ownership for all Rolls Royce plants that TST supply, including both NPI and PI product. The role will undertake in-load of new products through the APQP and PPAP milestones. Engineers will monitor performance across products within the plant, supporting TST drive to zero defects and continuous improvement journey.
- In load of NPI & PI product using APQP & PPAP tools.
- Maintain external Yield/RFT charts, use these charts to inform and drive product delivery and quality performance.
- Disposition non-conformance on in loaded product in line with the delivery requirements.
- Manage customer expectations through product yield & RFT reviews and IPT sessions.
- Prepare technical reports to an acceptable standard and give informative presentations.
- Prepare technical documentation to instruct the use of new equipment, methods, or systems.
- Comply with TSTL HS&E policies, take personal responsibility for you own safety at work and ensure any HS&E actions you are assigned are closed in a timely manner.
Manufacturing Engineer – Required Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of PMFEA, PPAP, APQP, Lean manufacturing, Kaizen or other continuous improvement tools.
- Professionally qualified engineer: you will hold a degree in a relevant field or national equivalent. This includes and is not limited to: Aerospace Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Materials Engineering. (Applications demonstrating an appropriate level of experience in a manufacturing or aerospace environment will also be considered)
- Strong organisational skills and a methodical approach to work.
- Ability to manage and overcome challenges with strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, confident in communicating across all levels of the business.
- Desire to build strong working relationships.
Salary and Benefits
Salary: £32,000 – £42,0000 depending on experience
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week -08:00 to 16:15
You will also be part of the TST culture which offers:
- Private health care scheme:
- Mental health support- including free counselling sessions
- Dental; reimbursement of dental work from an annual allowance, option to pay to upgrade cover
- Free eye tests and reimbursement on glasses from annual allowance.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Enhanced Holiday entitlement related to length of service.
- Free on- site parking with electric vehicle charging points.
- Opportunity to be a part of production related bonus scheme.
- Refer a friend reward scheme.
- Day off work for your birthday.
Diversity and Inclusion
Turbine Surface Technologies (TST) recognises that by building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
We believe employee diversity is an asset to our business. People of different age groups, from different backgrounds, genders and cultures, with a range of experiences and capabilities, help us understand and serve our customers and reach our business objectives.
We recognise the need for our employees to possess the levels of skill and knowledge appropriate to the roles they perform in delivering the quality of service our clients expect. This approach and mutual respect creates a culture of co-operation and achievement that underpins the high quality of the services we offer.
Please note: all candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, TST are currently unable to provide Visa sponsorship.