Working as part of the Operations Plating Team the Plating Operator will be preparing parts for Platinum Plate. From Masking areas that don’t require plating to the process of applying plating to give improved protection to the parts against heat and sulphur corrosion.
- Grit Blast parts.
- Lacquering and taping / Automated Masking
- Load & unload jigs into plating tanks.
- Carry out checks.
- Clean and flush.
- Plastic Bead Blasting.
- Train colleagues as and when required to do so.
- Interpret and conform to “Route Card”, “Data Card” and “SOP” instructions.
- Carry out routine maintenance on equipment to the required TPM / PPM standards.
- Ensure that supervision is informed of any problems or discrepancies that arise.
- Liaise with colleagues to promote team working and to ensure a smooth hand over of work.
- Understand and work to TST guidelines and observe all TST policies & procedures
- Understand and conform to all TST Quality Policy requirements
- Understand and conform to all TST Health, Safety and Environment Policies and requirements.
- Manual Handling – be physically fit in order to manually lift reasonable loads.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Be able to work as part of a team and on their own initiative.
- Good understanding of Health & Safety and Environmental working practices.
- Understanding of COSHH.
- Be technically and numerically competent
- Ability to work to set deadlines
- Manual handling.
- Works well as a team and builds effective working relationships at all levels but also has the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Promote and represent the Company when required, setting a good personal example at all times.
- Be aware of, and adhere to Company policies and procedures, including but not limited to the Health & Safety and Environmental & Quality policies & procedures, Code of Conduct and the Employee Handbook.
- Any other duties that may be required by the Company.
Salary and Benefits
Working a Continental Shift Pattern of 3 on and 3 off – 12 Hour Days from 6.00 am to 6.00 pm and 12 Hour Nights 6.00 pm to 6.00 am, the basic starting salary will be £19,119.00 with a 33⅓ % Shift Premium and Work-Related benefits.
Diversity and Inclusion
Turbine Surface Technologies (TST) recognises that by building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential. We believe employee diversity is an asset to our business. People of different age groups, from different backgrounds, genders and cultures, with a range of experiences and capabilities, help us understand and serve our customers and reach our business objectives.
We recognise the need for our employees to possess the levels of skill and knowledge appropriate to the roles they perform in delivering the quality of service our clients expect. This approach and mutual respect create a culture of co-operation and achievement that underpins the high quality of the services we offer.