Established in 2000, Turbine Surface Technologies is a joint venture between Rolls- Royce and Chromalloy, providing specialist coatings solutions to state-of-the-art gas turbine components. Situated on Sherwood Business Park in Annesley, Nottingham.
At TST we recognise that people are at the heart of what we do and are an integral part of achieving our business goals. Our core values are key to our culture; operate safely, operate openly with customer focus, and operate with respect and integrity. We are looking for a driven and experienced Production Manager to join our operations team who will be responsible for the operation of production cells within the factory, managing people and processes at operating level. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring HS&E, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People are managed effectively with a continual drive for improvement in line with the direction set by the Operations Manager.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the KPI performance and continuous improvement of shop floor cells
- Ensure direct reports are managed, coached, encouraged and supported through development.
- Identify staff training needs and implement training programmes.
- Responsible for important communication to operations team and be the main point of contact for the cells.
- Pro-actively manage health, safety and quality standards throughout cells, promoting policies and procedures to team members where necessary.
- Supporting employees by solving problems to enable teams and individuals to operate effectively.
- Understand all business KPI requirements and develop programmes of work which resolve issues to meet and exceed requirements.
Key Competencies and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in a manufacturing management role.
- Strong understanding of lean manufacturing principles.
- Leadership skills with a focus on team development and coaching.
- Understanding of individual and whole business key performance indicators.
- Experience in driving plan and project completion.
- Excellent understanding of health and safety.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, including an ability to communicate with employees at all levels.
- Ability to identify, understand and rectify quality issues.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement.
- Good understanding of assigned function or process speciality.
- Basic understanding of data analysis.
Behaviours and Personal Attributes:
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to motivate and unite a team.
- The ability to think and plan strategically.
- Problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated with strong organisational skills.
- Not accepting of the status quo.
- Strong focus on detail.
- Actively listens and questions to clarify own understanding.
Salary & Benefits:
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week, 8:00am – 16:15pm.
You will also be part of the TST culture which offers:
- Private health care scheme:
- Mental health support- including free counselling sessions.
- Dental; reimbursement of dental work from an annual allowance, option to pay to upgrade cover.
- Free eye tests and reimbursement on glasses from annual allowance.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Enhanced Holiday entitlement related to length of service.
- Free on- site parking with electric vehicle charging points.
- Refer a friend reward scheme.
- Day off work for your birthday.
- Performance related bonus scheme.
- Opportunity for development and growth.
- Life Assurance after 2 years of service.
- TST Hub exclusive offer and benefits for all employees.
Diversity and Inclusion
Turbine Surface Technologies (TST) recognises that by building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential. We believe employee diversity is an asset to our business. People of different age groups, backgrounds, genders and cultures, with a range of experiences and capabilities, help us understand and serve our customers and reach our business objectives.
Please note all candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, TST are currently unable to provide Visa sponsorship.