Purpose of Role:
To ensure full integration of supply, load-capacity and supply chain mitigation plans with customer plans as well as TST business requirements.
Create and control efficient and achievable plans for production cells to achieve customer required rate & lead time, whilst also ensuring the business achieves strategic KPI’s.
Monitor and report progress of in-week & 13-week plans, adhering to contracted lead times, including highlighting, and planning recovery of any deviation from targets. As part of the role you will ensure production cells have sight of weekly TAKT rates to ensure cell resources, including tooling and staff, are not a constraint.
- To develop and maintain either shop floor or digital visual management as appropriate for the area.
- To use “Go-Look-See” to ensure issues effectively identified and understood
- To develop and govern load and capacity models across area of responsibility
- To manage control parameters in ERP system or other (i.e. Kanban levels) to maintain effective control
- To develop plans and control mechanisms to ensure on time in full delivery across areas of responsibility
- To own and run governance reviews to close performance gaps
- To identify and resolve bottlenecks/constraints in manufacturing through effective cross functional teamwork
- To interface with multiple customer plants to manage 13 mid term and long term planning cycle interfaces
- To convert these quarterly inputs into mid-term and long term throughput and output models
- To effectively control adherence to these input, throughput and output models
- To manage WIP levels within agreed parameters and ensure slow moving WIP maintained to target levels.
Required Skills & Attributes
- Thorough understanding of functionality of an MRPII and/or ERP system (especially Infor Syteline/Cloudsuite), including how to use this in practice for a manufacturing operation
- Good understanding of the Integrated Business Planning process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to create and deliver presentations at all levels.
- Analytical mindset, strong computer skills are key – data analysis is an integral part of this role Business Intelligence/Analytics experience would be an advantage
- Lean or six sigma experience would be an advantage. S&OP experience in tools such as rough-cut capacity planning would be advantageous.
Behaviours and Personal Attributes:
- Strong organisational skills and self motivated
- Strong influencing skills – this a critical role that ensures delivery of business objectives so ability to influence across functions, levels and outside the organisation is key
- Strong teamworking skills – this role works across both functional and cellular teams and delivery is impossible without these skills
- Professional attitude and leads by example
- Demonstrates ability to plan work coupled with the drive and tenacity to see if through to completion
- Attention to detail – go the extra mile and not settle for “good enough.”
- Listens carefully and asks questions to clarify own understanding
Salary & Benefits:
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 depending on experience
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week
You will also be part of the TST culture which offers:
- Private health care scheme:
- Mental health support- including free counselling sessions
- Dental; reimbursement of dental work from an annual allowance, option to pay to upgrade cover
- Free eye tests and reimbursement on glasses from annual allowance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Enhanced Holiday entitlement related to length of service.
- Free on- site parking with electric vehicle charging points.
- Opportunity to be a part of production related bonus scheme.
- Day off work on your birthday.
- Refer a friend reward scheme.
- Rewards and benefits gateway including hundreds of fantastic employee discounts and online Wellbeing Centre
Diversity and Inclusion
Turbine Surface Technologies (TST) recognises that by building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential. We believe employee diversity is an asset to our business. People of different age groups, backgrounds, genders and cultures, with a range of experiences and capabilities, help us understand and serve our customers and reach our business objectives.
Please note all candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, TST are currently unable to provide Visa sponsorship.