Established in 2000, Turbine Surface Technologies is a joint venture between Rolls-Royce and Chromalloy, providing specialist coatings solutions to state-of-the-art turbine components. At TST we recognise that people are at the heart of what we do and are an integral part of achieving our business goals. Our core values are key to our culture; operate safely, operate openly with customer focus and operate with respect and integrity.
We are looking for an experienced Projects & Risk Manager with proven team management skills, if you’re looking to build a career with an organisation that constantly pushes the boundaries of innovation in a role in which no two days are the same, this is the opportunity for you.
Being the Projects & Risk Manager at Turbine Surface Technologies allows you to get right to the core of the continual development of our business. In the past 5 years we have sourced equipment from key suppliers in the UK, US and mainland Europe – offering the potential for travel as part of each project. Within our future plans for further investment in our business is a dedication to introducing technological enhancements to our process capabilities, delivering projects linked to our digitisation journey, and facility infrastructure improvements linked to our drive to Net Carbon Zero. Additionally within the role is ownership of our risk and business continuity functions, offering the opportunity to drive and shape the process of how the business identifies key risks and then where applicable strategically plans for mitigating these through investment. This is a very exciting time to be joining the Programmes team at Turbine Surface Technologies, so if this feels like the role for you then we would love to hear from you.
Leading and working alongside other members of the Risk, Business Continuity and Programmes/PMO department, actively lead all aspects of project delivery including overall PMO governance and management, leading major investment and business process change projects, and guiding functional led project teams to ensure delivery of projects to required scope, schedule, budget and to required quality standards.
Lead and drive cultural change programs including business risk, creating a company approach where threats and opportunities are at the forefront of departmental planning. Using this data to make recommendations to the Senior Management team for investment and strategic decision making.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with Project Technical Leads, manage project aspects such as cost, schedule, resource, stakeholder engagement, change, benefits realisation, and others.
- Reporting on project status to key stakeholders and Senior Management in a variety of forums, including presentations, reports and updating KPIs. Key emphasis on cost, schedule, resource and benefits realisation and other parameters where applicable.
- Coordinate and communicate all project activities effectively with stakeholders across the TST business and more widely to customer groups, to ensure that key milestones and associated gate reviews are achieved in full and on time to meet the stated business and customer requirements.
- Perform a key role in defining and approving the annualised and rolling multiyear Capital Investment Plan, including setting parameters for project inclusion.
- Lead the Business risk functions, with considerable initial focus of driving cultural change with regard to risk
- Lead the Business Continuity function, managing the process via direct reporting staff and cross functional teams with resources from other areas of the business.
- Manage and support team members with a flexible style suitable to tasks and situations, actively playing a part in developing them and progressing team skills.
- Work with key stakeholders to translate business and strategic requirements into defined project specifications.
- Own and develop the creation of a digital platform for managing PMO/Project documentation, business case templates and active project directories.
- Contribute and offer project governance support to projects led outside of the TSTL PMO where required.
- Any other relevant tasks which the Company may require from time to time.
Required Skills & Attributes
- Excellent organisational, communication and team leadership skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships at all levels.
- Ability to drive a team to achieve measurable results and improvement.
- Provide PMO management whilst also managing a series of large Capital Investment projects.
- Hold an active professional Project Management qualification such as PMP or APM
- Experience of managing projects in a complex, highly regulated industry
- Proven ability to use Project Management software such as MS Project, to build and manage project schedules and resource requirements.
- Good general IT software skills, including experience of using an ERP system and all major Microsoft software.
- Ability to “step back” from the detail where needed to provide an overall management role ensuring that the required level of leadership is applied to individual projects to ensure all projects are completed successfully.
- Previous experience of managing a Risk and/or Business Continuity function would be advantageous, although not mandatory
Behaviours and Personal Attributes:
- Behaving in a way that is in line with company values.
- Doing what you say you will do and dealing with colleagues in an open and honest way (admitting mistakes, treating people fairly and presenting information accurately). Sharing your opinion and highlighting any issues regarding HSE and quality. Escalating any concerns that you may have.
- Communicates clearly and concisely in a professional way.
- Listening to fully understand and appreciate other people’s perspectives. Adapting your approach to suit different people or situations whilst being respectful to different cultures or backgrounds.
- Support others with knowledge, information, or support to deliver the business result.
- Building good working relationships so can effectively deliver assigned work. Recognising your influence on others and assuming positive intentions of others. Celebrating the achievements of others. Being flexible when working with those with different behavioural styles.
- Identifying areas for self-improvement, applying learning to new situations, and taking an active part in the performance and development processes. Learning from both successes and failures and actively seeking and acting on feedback from colleagues.
- Deliver job role to required customer (internal or external) expectations and identifying opportunities to improve – e.g. removing cost/waste.
- Makes good day to day decisions in line with business priorities. Be able to understand high level business goals. Recognise the issues you can influence and those that you cannot.
- Prioritising and managing your own workload effectively. Considering how plans may impact others. Breaking down your assigned tasks into a manageable action plan. Working effectively when faced with the need to adapt plans.
- Taking ownership of assigned work to timely completion. Understanding and complying with relevant policies and procedures, identifying any improvement opportunities.
- Seeks the relevant information to help fully understand a problem.
- Looks beyond the symptoms or issue to identify the causes of a problem and identifying options and innovative solutions to fix.
- Recognising when a problem needs to be escalated or help sought.
- Identifying areas for self-improvement, applying learning to new situations and taking an active part in the performance and development processes.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary: £40k- £55k based on experience
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week, 8:00 – 16:15
You will also be part of the TST culture which offers:
- Private health care scheme offers a range of services including:
- Mental health support- including free counselling sessions
- Dental; reimbursement of dental work from an annual allowance, option to pay to upgrade cover
- Free eye tests and reimbursement on glasses from annual allowance
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Bike to work scheme
- Long service rewards including enhanced Holiday entitlement
- Free on- site parking with electric vehicle charging points
- Refer a friend reward scheme
- Day off work for your birthday
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Paid Professional Membership
- Life Assurance after 2 years of service
- Access to TST Hub which offers a variety of offers and discounts
Diversity & Inclusion
Turbine Surface Technologies (TST) recognises that by building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential. We believe employee diversity is an asset to our business. People of different age groups, backgrounds, genders and cultures, with a range of experiences and capabilities, help us understand and serve our customers and reach our business objectives.
Please note all candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, TST are currently unable to provide Visa sponsorship.