Established in 2000, Turbine Surface Technologies is a joint venture between Rolls-Royce and Chromalloy, providing specialist coatings solutions to state-of-the-art turbine components. At TST we recognise that people are at the heart of what we do and are an integral part of achieving our business goals. Our core values are key to our culture; operate safely, operate openly with customer focus and operate with respect and integrity.
We are offering an exciting opportunity to join TST as a Project Co-Ordinator Apprentice. Our Project Management/PMO Team are an integral part of the business providing governance and leadership to deliver key business improvements in line with departmental and company strategies, with the aim supporting daily operations to ensure that the company continues to meet and exceed customer expectations.
The Projects/PMO Team are responsible for agreeing annual and 5-year investment plans with the Senior Management team, directly delivering projects against these plans and supporting Project Leads to deliver projects where they are managed within specific departments. The Projects/PMO Team own, govern, and manage project related milestones, cost, schedule adherence, risk, change, and evidencing benefits realisation to major stakeholders including Board of Directors. This is an ideal opportunity for a candidate looking to begin a career within Project Management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work within the existing TST PMO governance structure to ensure that all key project tasks prior to project approval are completed accurately and completely.
- Working with Project Technical Leads, ensure that sufficient governance is applied pre-project and throughout live projects on key considerations such as cost, schedule, resource, stakeholder engagement, benefits realisation, risk, and others.
- Ensuring that project change is managed and approved formally and accurately, this includes change to schedule, cost, scope, and other parameters where applicable.
- Reporting on project status to key stakeholders and Senior Management in a variety of forums, including presentations, reports and updating KPIs. Key emphasis on cost, schedule, resource and benefits realisation and other parameters where applicable.
- To coordinate and communicate all project activities effectively with stakeholders across the TST business and more widely to customer groups, to ensure that key milestones and associated gate reviews are achieved in full and on time to meet the stated business and customer requirements.
- Contribute to the TST annual project budget cycle and annual project selection process.
- Coordinate and lead (where required) project risk reviews and lessons learnt sessions, pulling together master lists of trends across projects to continually improve the way that projects are managed within TST.
- Actively contribute to the successful delivery of the rolling TST Programmes 5-year improvement strategy.
- Contribute and offer project governance support to projects led outside of the TST PMO where required.
- Any other relevant tasks which the Company may require from time to time.
- Good organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships at all levels.
- Good communication skills
- Be able to build a project team and work as part of a team and on their own initiative.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan work, coupled with the drive and tenacity to see projects through to completion.
- Good general IT software skills, including experience of using an ERP system and all major Microsoft software.
Behaviours and Personal Attributes:
- Experienced or competent in area of speciality
- Strong organisational skills and self-motivated.
- Works well as a team member and builds effective working relationships with all levels.
- Attention to detail – go the extra mile and not settle for “good enough.”
- Listens carefully and asks questions to clarify own understanding.
- Runs own projects with very minimal supervision.
- Good understanding of assigned function or process speciality.
- Sound decision quality.
- Effective command skills.
- Understand and comply with the Company’s health and safety policies.
- Provides leadership to other members of the team.
- Comfortable in presenting to all levels of TSTL and where appropriate the customer.
- Follows and promotes health and safety policies and procedure to Team members.
- Identifies quality issues.
Salary and Benefits:
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week, 8:00 – 16:15
You will also be part of the TST culture which offers:
- Private health care scheme:
- Mental health support- including free counselling sessions.
- Dental; reimbursement of dental work from an annual allowance, option to pay to upgrade cover.
- Free eye tests and reimbursement on glasses from annual allowance.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Enhanced Holiday entitlement related to length of service.
- Free on- site parking with electric vehicle charging points.
- Refer a friend reward scheme.
- Day off work for your birthday.
- Performance related bonus scheme.
- Paid Professional Membership.
- Opportunity for development and growth.
- Life Assurance after 2 years of service.
- TST Hub exclusive offer and benefits for all employees.
Diversity and Inclusion
Turbine Surface Technologies (TST) recognises that by building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
We believe employee diversity is an asset to our business. People of different age groups, from different backgrounds, genders and cultures, with a range of experiences and capabilities, help us understand and serve our customers and reach our business objectives.
We recognise the need for our employees to possess the levels of skill and knowledge appropriate to the roles they perform in delivering the quality of service our clients expect. This approach and mutual respect creates a culture of co-operation and achievement that underpins the high quality of the services we offer.
Please note all candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, TST are currently unable to provide Visa sponsorship.