Established in 2000, Turbine Surface Technologies is a joint venture between Rolls- Royce and Chromalloy, providing specialist coatings solutions to state-of-the-art gas turbine components. Situated on Sherwood Business Park in Annesley, Nottingham.
We are offering an exciting opportunity to join TST as a Purchasing Assistant Apprentice. Our dedicated Purchasing team are an integral part of the business obtaining the goods and services TST needs to support the daily operations. Purchasing are responsible for managing the supply chain process from identifying suppliers, negotiating contracts and establishing payment terms to managing the shipping and ensuring terms are met. This is an ideal opportunity for a candidate looking to begin a career within Procurement.
- Process Purchase Requisitions up to £1000, taking into account monthly departmental budget constraints
- Issue all Purchase Orders and associated documents for Purchase Requisitions
- Expedite all Purchase Orders with suppliers, communicating any stock delays to the respective Buyer
- Managing all company mobile phone requirements
- Sending new supplier forms and chasing documentation to all suppliers as and when required.
- Be the primary contact for all invoice queries issued from Accounts, liaising with Purchasing team members if required
- Help maintain item data accuracy within the ERP software
- Data cleansing within the ERP software (eg: closing off old Purchase and Sales orders, marking items as obsolete)
- Be the primary contact for UK shipping requirements
- Monitor the Purchasing group email inbox, actioning or escalating issues as appropriate
- Reconciling the monthly credit card statement, ensuring VAT receipts are obtained for all spends.
- Assisting the Purchasing team with project work as applicable
- Carry out any other duties that may be required by the Company
Skills and Knowledge
- A keen interest in pursuing a career in Purchasing
- Strong work ethic
- Good organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships at all levels.
- Be able to work as part of a team and on their own initiative
- Demonstrate the ability to plan work, coupled with the drive and tenacity to see projects through to completion
- Ability to problem solve
- Good IT skills, including experience in using Microsoft suite
- Any knowledge or previous use of an ERP/MRP system is advantageous
Behaviours and Personal Attributes:
- A keen interest in working in Purchasing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, be a “people person”
- Works well as a team member and builds effective working relationships with all levels
- Attention to detail – go the extra mile and not settle for “good enough”
- Ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, whilst being able to work under pressure
- Strong organisational skills and self-motivated
- Tact and ability to deal with difficult situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Interest in career development
- Understands and complies with the Company’s health and safety policies and procedures
You will also be part of the TST culture which offers:
- Private health care scheme
- Mental health support- including free counselling sessions
- Dental; reimbursement of dental work from an annual allowance, option to pay to upgrade cover
- Free eye tests and reimbursement on glasses from annual allowance.
- Bike to work scheme
- Enhanced Holiday entitlement related to length of service
- Free on- site parking with electric vehicle charging points
- Opportunity to be a part of production related bonus scheme
- Refer a friend reward scheme
- Day off work for your birthday
Diversity and Inclusion
Turbine Surface Technologies (TST) recognises that by building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential. We believe employee diversity is an asset to our business. People of different age groups, backgrounds, genders and cultures, with a range of experiences and capabilities, help us understand and serve our customers and reach our business objectives.
The ability to demonstrate, understand and apply our workplace values:
Operate Safely: Doing the right thing, safely and sustainably and not walking by when we can make a difference. Getting it right first time, saves time, minimises disruption and provides the best possible service.
Operate Openly with Customer Focus: We have a duty to work together and follow procedures to create the correct environment to deliver the right service. We listen and encourage openness, with views and opinions being valued. Believing we are good is not good enough, our customers must share our belief and share our successes, recognising what we say, we do.
Operate with Respect and Dignity: Treating people as we would want to be treated, with respect and patience and respecting diversity in our workforce and the communities in which we work.