Established in 2000, Turbine Surface Technologies is a joint venture between Rolls- Royce and Chromalloy, providing specialist coatings solutions to state-of-the-art turbine components. At TST we recognise that people are at the heart of what we do and are an integral part of achieving our business goals. Our core values are key to our culture; Operate safely, operate openly with customer focus and operate with respect and integrity.
This is a permanent role situated on Sherwood Business Park in Annesley, Nottingham.
We are looking to recruit an Tooling Design Engineer to join our growing business. As a Tooling Design Engineer you will provide tooling design engineering capability and support for new design & improvement of existing design, using CAD systems to optimise process performance, cost & tooling life.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting NPI, CA and improvement projects tooling requirement, design, costings & manufacture
- Requesting quotes, raising purchase orders and liaising with suppliers for specific tooling projects outside of general stock items
- Responsible for the tooling design approval process for NPI, CA and improvement projects
- Supporting Tooling improvement across TST activities with particular focus on design to achieve cost control and right first time
- Support programmes introducing new & novel tooling solutions
- Issuing of new tooling numbers and maintaining the TST tooling register
- Supporting TST process technician in tooling procurement & control, working with technicians & operations to maximise tool life while achieving quality targets
- Any other tasks which the Company may require from time to time
- Professional qualified engineer (UK minimum degree of other national equivalent) or tooling design / manufacturing experience
- Good organisational skills
- Project management
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- CAD experience, preferably Siemens NX Package
- Experience managing external supply chain
- Demonstrated good communicator at all levels within a supply chain and internal teams
- Ability to problem solve on fly and demonstrate innovating thinking
- Some Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) experience would be preferable
- Familiarisation with Additive manufacturing design and technologies
Behaviours and Personal Attributes:
- Good understanding of assigned function or process speciality
- Works well as a team member and builds effective working relationships with all levels
- Strong organisational skills and self-motivated
- Professional attitude and leads by example
- Attention to detail – go the extra mile and not settle for ‘good enough’
- Excellent communication skills
- Listens carefully and asks questions to clarify own understanding
- Behaves and expresses oneself in an open and honest manner
- Supports ongoing process improvement programmes
- Understands and complies with the Company’s health and safety policies and procedures
- Consistently delivers high quality work on time by prioritising tasks and resources and doing what is necessary to accomplish them
- Able to interface with all levels within TST and where applicable the customer
- Capable of running and supporting projects with minimal assistance
Salary & Benefits:
TST can offer a Competitive Salary based on experience and skills.
You will also be part of the TST culture which offers:
- Private health care scheme:
- Mental health support- including free counselling sessions
- Dental; reimbursement of dental work from an annual allowance, option to pay to upgrade cover
- Free eye tests and reimbursement on glasses from annual allowance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Enhanced Holiday entitlement related to length of service.
- Free on- site parking with electric vehicle charging points.
- Opportunity to be a part of production related bonus scheme.
- Day off work on your birthday.
- Refer a friend reward scheme.
Diversity & Inclusion
Turbine Surface Technologies (TST) recognises that by building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential. We believe employee diversity is an asset to our business. People of different age groups, backgrounds, genders and cultures, with a range of experiences and capabilities, help us understand and serve our customers and reach our business objectives.
Please note all candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, TST are currently unable to provide Visa sponsorship.