Turbine Surface Technologies (TST) is committed to achieving the best levels of performance in Environmental control. We all share this commitment to develop the best possible Environmental culture at TST
As part of TST commitment to continual environmental improvement and its drive to improve environmental performance, TST has achieved the following in 2020:
- Maintained ISO 14001:2015 certification
- Transferred to a 100% green energy tariff
- New Acid Scrubber as part of the strategy to replace old infrastructure which reduces the Environmental risk of acid escape, improved scrubbing efficiency and also reduced its noise footprint by 3Db.
- Net carbon zero strategy by 2030 and road map defined
- Installed water and electricity sub-metering, to allow better understanding of usage in high usage areas in readiness for setting a KPI for 2021 to reduce usage.
- A noise survey was carried out to BS 4142:2014 + A1:2019 to better understand the Factories impact on the community
- An acoustics company was commissioned to carry out further tests on machinery, highlighting targeted actions to implement the most efficient environmental noise reduction strategy.
- Helium usage eliminated on one of the two LVPS machines due to international Helium Shortage
- Reduced Argon usage saving approximately 15 hours of Argon usage on each run
- Applied for a 50% DBEIS grant under the Industrial Energy Transformation Fund to work to explore a “Pure” Argon recovery system.
- As part of our Total Life Cycle Strategy we improved our Supplier Code of Conduct procedures to encourage responsible sourcing of materials, more environmentally friendly methods of transport wherever possible, reduce environmental impacts of deliveries made to TST and encourage a move to green energy or offsetting carbon in other areas to benefit the environment.
- R&D extraction Stack E now restricted by timer to daytime operating hours only between 7am – 6pm to reduce environmental noise footprint
- Installation of acoustic foam around extraction motors to reduce environmental noise footprint
- Installation of pressure regulators on Argon tanks to reduce storage pressure in order to stop the noise associated with valve release.
- Increased the number of electric charging points in the company