In 2021 we achieved key environmental projects and are currently planning our strategy for 2022.
Our key successes for 2021 include:
- Gained funding from the Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (IETF) for reuse of Argon in TST Heat Treat and Aluminising processes and a feasibility study has been started to assess if it is viable for deployment.
- Achieved continued maintenance of TST ISO 14001 Certification with very good feedback from the 6th monthly surveillance audits.
- Improved how Environmental Aspects and Impacts are proactively managed.
- TST noise footprint has been significantly reduced from an average background level of 65dB to 62dB. The Industrial Noise and Vibration centre were commissioned and have now designed a system which could potentially reduce the overall noise footprint on the Adiabatic coolers in improve overall performance if it is able to be implemented on our systems.
- Introduction of TST HS&E Apprentice to support the team and help develop a succession plan.
- Reintroduction of a yard person with a re-alignment of the role to support Site Services and the Environmental Department.
- There is a good foundation now in place to achieve Net Zero Carbon and Sustainability and sustainability improvements by building it into the business strategy.
- Introduction of a Total Waste Management Company (Waste Efficiency) with performance metrics in place and live Customer Access Data System to monitor where TST waste is going and therefore enabling active management of the waste streams to push them up the waste hierarchy away from disposal.
- By working with Severn Trent, TST 2 site consent limits have been agreed and Puretech, the design company for the new effluent treatment plant have confirmed that it will be able to meet these limits.