TST is supporting International Men’s Day by showing our appreciation of the role that they have at TST and to highlight that we care about their Health and Wellbeing. In recognition of International Men’s Day, we put together a gift pack for all our male work colleagues to enjoy.
On November 19, International Men’s Day celebrates worldwide the positive value men bring to the world, their families and communities. It highlights positive role models and raise awareness of men’s well-being. International Men’s Day also focuses on the health challenges that men can face.
Current research tells us that:
- men have a suicide rate 3 times higher than women
- 1 in 3 men have been the victims of domestic violence
- men on average die 4-5 years before women
- men are nearly twice as likely to suffer from lung cancer than women
- men are nearly twice as likely to suffer from heart disease than women
International Men’s Day is an opportunity for people everywhere of goodwill to appreciate and celebrate the men in their lives and the contribution they make to society for the greater good of all.